Our meetings are a safe space for our members to connect with each other, come to the group with challenges and questions, and inform each other about what we are doing. We alternate between breakfast, lunch and evening meetings to accommodate the schedules of all our members.
We meet 6-8 times a year; we have a monthly newsletter, a book club, and an online messaging platform where members share job opportunities, events and topics of interest.
The content of the meetings is curated by our members. We are currently focused on blended finance, gender and climate, investing in systems change, and the SDGs.
Our online touchpoints
To ensure we stay in touch with each other in between meetings, and to be inclusive of our few members who are remote, we have various online touchpoints: our monthly newsletter (see here for a sample newsletter), our internal – and vibrant – Whatsapp group, our internal drive, and our Linkedin Page.
Today the group consists of approximately 120 members, mainly based in London, who:
- Have 10+ years of professional experience
- Have senior and/or leadership roles
- Directly or indirectly control or influence capital
- Have an active interest in directing finance for a social or environmental purpose (including in organisations with an explicit social purpose and those with a less explicit social focus).
Our membership includes partners, CEOs, investment managers, programme directors, policymakers and consultants across foundations, investment managers, banks, consultancies, non-profits and the public sector. Key areas of our members’ expertise include impact investing, inclusive finance, sustainable finance, governance, legal counsel, entrepreneurship and leadership.
Our values and aims
- We value a place to meet our professional tribeswomen above everything else
- We want to network with peers facing similar challenges and opportunities and help one another find solutions, gain new insights and extend our knowledge
- We want to deepen our relationships with one another and make them more meaningful
- We want to be able to offer and receive professional support and insights
- We’d like a clearer framework of aims, understand how we can achieve them and how to work together towards them
- We believe we could influence the external environment but we want to prioritise empowering internally initially